Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thank you, Annie Clark

I often wonder how much would have to be taken away from me before I decide to give up on living life to it's fullest.  Or, if there's any challenge I wouldn't be able to meet, or any obstacle I would walk away from.  I don't think there is.  I've come to a point in my life where I believe anything is possible, and no matter what comes my way, I know I'll get through it and come out a better person because of it.  I attribute that belief to my faith in God.  Still, I've faced challenges that have made me want to give up.  The emotion you face during tough challenges can sometimes pull you down the road to depression.  Yet somehow, in those moments, I've managed to breathe, take life day by day, one step at a time, and more importantly...laugh, and...smile.  That said, an Inspired Moment came to me after reading this article:


http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/first-grader-born-without-hands-wins-penmanship-award-180647263--abc-news-topstories.html


The headline immediately gives away the story without you having to read the entire article.  A little girl, Annie, who's seven years old and in first grade, won an award for penmanship.  She was born without hands.


Talk about inspiring!


In some ways, it's easy for me to say I'll always be able to live life to the fullest despite any challenges or obstacles.    I have most of the things I want and everything I need.  As bad as I feel that Annie was born without hands, I can't help but be somewhat thankful for it.  Her story is truly an inspiration.


"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world.  Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be."


Pantajali




No comments:

Post a Comment